Often I end up planning multiple things on a single day. For example, I plan shopping and lunch with the friends and assuming that I wouldn't get tired, I commit the evening with Sister's family. It not only gets hectic but I find myself running around the room changing clothes and that gets enough frustrating. But then I got smarter with experience.
Choosing a piece of clothing that can be worn on multiple occasions with or without the accessories. If this isn't clear, see the picture below
DAY OUT SHOPPING
I wore this red Charlotte Russe casual dress with denim jacket, black tights and booties for a day out shopping and lunch with girls.
DAY OUT SHOPPING
The same dress with black tights, pearl accessories and pumps for a dinner date. Easy peesy! Saved me time and all the fuss.
- If you are missing your blazers from the winter, replace them with denim jackets/cropped vests and sheer cardigans which are best for Indian summers. They not only cover your body from sun rays but instantly add some volume and fun to any outfit.
- Buns, braids and high ponytails are uber fun. I guess summer is the only time of the year that get's me tie my hair up and high. Sweaty hair is a nightmare!
- Add colorful accessories to jazz up day outfits.
- Wedges, open toe sandals, flats and thong flats are best during the summer. If I weren't wearing tights, I would have gone with wedges or brogues. For some unknown reasons I cannot wear open footwear with tights.
- For the dinner date, I replaced all my accessories with pearl necklace, bracelets and a white gold clutch. Pearls add an elegance feminine touch to anything. ANYTHING.
Keep your spirits high and calories low