When my body is under my control, I have no worries about the calories I consume or the kilos I loose. but I have another milestone set already. because being fit is not a week's work but that of a lifetime. Its an ongoing process for a beautiful body, for a beautiful you.
As you are reading this right now, how is your posture? Are you sitting upright? Are you slouching your back? Have you totally sunk into your chair?
|Source: cartoon church|
It is very important to maintain the right posture all the time especially while exercising. Contrary to popular belief, a good posture does not mean keeping your spine totally straight. A good posture means maintaining the two natural curves at your back –
1. The concave curve from base of your head to your shoulders and
2. The concave curve from your upper back to the base of your spine. It’s like the shape of 2 C’s on your back
When you are in the right posture, it should feel almost effortless to maintain the position.
Some basic points for the beginners,
- When standing straight up, make sure that your weight is evenly distributed on your feet. You might feel you are leaning forward, and look stupid, but you wont.
- Always Keep your shoulders straight, tummy tucked in and chest up and out (ofcourse without looking awkward).
- Align your back with the back of the chair while sitting.
- Keep both feet flat on the floor. If there's a problem with feet reaching the floor comfortably, a footrest can be used along with the office chair (Ladies please dont miss this point).
- Do stretches. Stretches are fun and can be done anywhere and everywhere. They relax muscles.
Once you Know what good posture is, practice it religiously.
Benefits? that we all know.. don't we?
- Improving your posture will reduce back and neck pain, increase energy, improve circulation and organ function, and even make you look taller and thinner. Having good posture also makes you look and feel more confident.
- Improves your image because people with good postures look smarter and more attractive.
Be Happy, Stay Fit :)